Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reading Lately

ately I've been trying to finish up this book I started reading upon recommendation called "The Wind Up Bird Chronicles" by Haruki Murakami. So far it's been kind of weird and I'm not exactly sure how everything ties in together. I'm about 50 pages shy of finishing and I refuse to give up (although I almost did!) I'm really hoping that it makes sense by the end but with only 50 pages left to go...it doesn't seem likely. I'm hoping to dive into the world of Jane Austen next and the Boyfriend has graciously bought me a beautiful set of all her novels. I've never really been one for Jane Austen (I tried once and just couldn't do it) but the Boyfriend's wonderful sister in law has recently read through all of them and speaks very highly of them. So I'm convinced. Now if only I can find time to actually finish this book....

2 comments:

  1. for murakami, "norwegian wood" and "hardboiled wonderland and the end of the world" are more accessible...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion Becky! I've heard good things about Norwegian Wood. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete