Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 thus far

o it's been 4 days since the new year and what have I done so far on my list of resolutions? Nothing. I meant to go to the gym today but it was just so cold that I decided to stay in and watch all the shows I missed on my laptop. I have 6 more days of freedom before I start work and although there are a million things I have to do beforehand, I also want to really savor the freedom. I did try to organize my closet space...which was definitely a task since I seem to love keeping boxes. Anything that comes in a box I've folded up and kept. Those will all be tossed out, I promise. I also love to keep shopping bags. This is a habit I've had since I was a wee one. My aunt used to call me the bag lady. I think it had to do with the fact that I didn't buy new clothes very often growing up (I often wore my brother's hand me downs) so having a bag from a store was a big deal. Even if it was just the bag. I won't completely break myself from this one but I'll try to minimize. I am also attempting to store things away properly. I don't like clutter in my space but I don't always put things away nicely or in places I'll remember. I've come to accept that in order to keep my sanity I must adopt some type A tendencies. This last year my memory has gone down the tube and I find myself thinking out of nowhere, "Where's my ipod charger?" and then obsessing about it constantly until I get home and find it. Then losing it again. So I have to work around me. Tomorrow will be a better day, I hope. A far more productive one. I'm going to clean out the house, do the laundry, and try to organize my life.

Tonight I had a great time out with some girlfriends, mainly to discuss bridesmaid details for my friend's wedding. It's still shocking to me that my friends are getting married! Some even have babies! I guess I can't stop time from making us grow up....sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I know! I have been planning to go to the gym for days! ugh just have to make myself GO haha.

    starting work already!? i hope you really enjoy the next 6 days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i'm a bag saver too. i used to have 3 macy bags filled with bags. but jin is not.

    ReplyDelete