This one goes out to all my homies...lol. I just wanted to say that. So this weekend the boyfriend and I are getting away from the city to our long long (long) awaited vacation to Puerto Rico! I'm very excited because I have never been to a beachy vacation and we are going ALL out here. I'm also excited because I have been patiently waiting since the third grade to visit the Rain Forest! My dreams are all coming true this weekend and I am giddy as a kid in a candy shop!
So the one thing I absolute hate about vacations is the plane ride. I can't stand them, the air pressure goes straight to my head and I get an instant headache. Right now I've been struggling with a very bad case of chronic tension headache that has been going on for about 2 months and getting on a plane is the last thing I want to do. But, I vow to be prepared. Here is a check list for what I hope to be a comfortable and happy plane ride.
1. Bring your own headphones. Don't forget this!
2. Ipod with your music set to go
3. A good book
4. A magazine
5. A journal
6. Soft, fluffy and warm socks that you can change into on the plane (also, wear shoes that are easy to slip in and out of. And try not to wear jeans, they're uncomfortable).
7. Once you get on the plane, ask for a pillow and blanket ASAP. The plane runs out very quickly and if you ask even right before take off they are out.
8. Bring a snack. I am usually starving mid plane ride and sometimes those tiny snacks just won't do!
9. Eye mask. One of those night mask things. I know you can just close your eyes, but having a night mask really makes a huge difference.
10. An airplane pillow is a really good alternative to the regular pillows the plane provides. Gives proper neck support
11. Remember to bring a pill case with advil, pepto, tums, etc.
12. I bring girly things like makeup, tweezer, etc just to do some tedious beauty things that normally are time consuming.
Mon ami and I are both flying this weekend (her to LA and me to PR) so I thought this would be good for both of us. Don't forget to check your flight and make sure you have good seats!