Saturday, November 20, 2010

Easy Ways to Update your Outfit

he holiday season is upon us and I am already behind! Thanksgiving is next week and I have made no list of any sort. The sister and I sent out invites to our "Orphan Thanksgiving" and next we have to figure out our dishes.

During the holidays I always get the shopping bug. There are so many sales that it's hard to resist picking up a little something something for yourself, right? Well, I go a little nuts. I become obsessed with finding sales, getting the most for my money, buying, returning, and trying to get the perfect presents for loved ones and...me. My own holiday tradition consists of coupons, internet surfing, and, oh right, baking holiday goods for our doormen and friends before packing up the house and heading off West for Christmas and New Years.

Along with the holiday season comes a bunch of holiday parties as well. For me, I don't own a lot of trendy or dressy pieces. I also find it to be financially impractical to try to always trend up your outfits. I'm all about the classic, iconic pieces that can dress up almost any outfit, without costing an arm and a leg. You can pair a cheap pair of pants (Uniqlo and Forever 21 are my favs), with a simple top, and a statement piece accessory. Or a cute jacket or vest can spruce up almost any outfit.

Here are a few finds:



1. Sequin trim shift dress $149
2. Black poly faux shearling drape front jacket $124
3. Sleeveless draped sweater vest $70

Pair any of these with a great necklace, cocktail ring, or funky leggings and you're set!

p.s. love love LOVE #2

No comments:

Post a Comment