Sunday, October 31, 2010

Skincare Overload

ello all, sorry for having gone MIA as of late. I have had a flurry of guests from out of town as well as a very very intense work week. Sometimes, the phrase "when it rains, it pours" is just so apropro. I worked many late nights this week and worked very hard on Friday night so that I could have the weekend off, and boy am I glad I did it! This weekend was lovely, complete with friends, the city, and shopping!

I go through ebbs and flows of the shopping itch. Right now I'm not really there, but the Boyfriend has got it bad. So we went to Soho and shopped a bit. Success! Among other things, he got a really smart pair of shoes from Clark Originals. Love. In fact, just before he got them, I tried on the women's version and fell in love. Don't worry, he is not trotting around women's shoes. If anything, I would be the one in men's shoes.

In any case, the one thing that I have been splurging on is skincare products. I am awful to my skin, almost never moisturizing my hands or feet, and pretty much using the same tub of St. Ives face lotion for the last 1.5 years. I am trying Philosophy's Miracle set, which contains retinol, thanks to Sephora's coupon. So far so good, my face feels smoother, and I kinda like having a nighttime routine. Two thumbs up, Philosophy.

2 comments: