Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dinner for the Week

hile the Boyfriend gears up to watch his Sunday football game, I've been going through some recipe books and magazines, looking for dishes to cook for dinner throughout the week. Unfortunately, both him and I work very demanding jobs with very very long hours. For me, most of my time during the week (and sometimes during the weekend) is unpredictable. His aren't as fickle, but that just means we know his days are all going to be long. If I get out of work too late, I don't join him for dinner. But I know him and I'm pretty sure that Papa John's Pizza will come a knockin' 4-5 times a week if there wasn't anything ready-made/easily-made in the fridge. I don't blame him...by the time he gets in it's so late that he's absolutely famished and beat from the day. So this week, I'm going with 3 main dishes; 1) a pasta dish, something hearty and meaty, but fairly simple. Maybe a concoction of kelbasa sausage, onions, mushrooms, bell peppers and tomatoes, cheese, and pineapples. The pineapples provides a nice and sweet surprise to such a salty mix! 2) a casserole. I love tuna noodle casserole, but he is not a fan of tuna. I may make it anyway one day, but for this week I've decided to try my hand at macaroni and cheese. I never make this dish because I think it's pretty difficult to make. I've tasted many homemade macaronis and honestly, I haven't tasted any that I really like. But I'm going to give Emeril's recipe a go. 3) one pot chicken with sausage, potatoes, and veggies. I know, it's all meat and carbs. But hey, he's a guy, he likes his meat and potatoes.

Next, I was thinking of making lemon bars. I've made them once before, and I've posted about it before. But just as a repeat, here yago:

This is a picture of my first attempt. We'll see how the second one goes.

For the recipe, click on Smitten Kitchen.

1 comment: