Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh the Places You Will Go...

ell well well...look at who's fallen off the blogging wagon yet again. That's right, yours truly. But I have a good excuse! I promise! A ton of things have happened in the last month and I have had all but zero time to gather myself. First off, on March 16 at almost midnight (the time I've been regularly getting home from work!), I opened the door to the Boyfriend's apartment to find him on his knee with candles all around and our sweet cat Oliver Atticus who had a bow tie wrapped around his neck. Of course, I've forgotten about 90% of what the Boyfriend said (as did he), but he held up Oliver who had a tag on his bowtie that asked me to marry him (the Boyfriend, not the cat). To make a long story short, the Boyfriend, now the Fiance, proposed with a beautiful beautiful engagement ring, which he had custom made using various inspirations provided by moi, but also with many of his own details. He also engraved it with his pet name for me and included a little pink sapphire. It's absolutely perfect and I love it with all of my heart and I love even more that he personally had a hand at designing it...it definitely surprised me because it was even nicer than what I had imagined!

That was March 16. In almost a month since then, we have booked a venue, our photobooth, our photographers, our coordinator, drafted a guest list, and have gone dress shopping. In addition, I have billed over 250 hours of work, pulled some almost all nighters, gone to court, and coordinated my firm's community outreach documentary series on anti-trafficking. The Boyfriend has studied and taken his licensing exam and has worked countless hours with tons of stress. I'm pretty proud of what we've accomplished so far, and at how smoothly it's all gone. I can't wait to get the bigger stuff done so that I can focus on my favorite part, the decor!

I've been very very blessed in my life and I can't believe that I will be marrying the most perfect match for me! With him...everything feels extraordinary. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments: