Sunday, June 24, 2012

Working on the Weekends Suck

I think on my top 10 list of things I absolutely abhore is working on the weekends. It actually and physically upsets me to have to work on the weekends, unless, of course, it's due to my own diddly daddlings. I think there are only a few things worse (excluding catastrophes or the real tragedies of the world) than getting that Friday afternoon call with a assignment that just has to be done by Monday morning. Sigh.

I recently made a switch within my department to the corporate side of things. This is great news because I wanted to switch to corporate and I really really dislike legal writing. But the flip side of that is what I'm doing now, which is massive amounts of diligence on things that I do not understand nor can summarize.

The good news is, the Husband and I made a trip to Ikea yesterday and not only did we spend a gaggle of money, but we were finally able to put up the new bookshelves! He will be building the dresser today. The bad news is, we have a lot of junk and now with our extra storage space gone, I'm not quite sure where we will hide everything. To be continued...


2 comments:

  1. weekend work is the WORST! hope you got through the diligence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the substantive portion of the diligence to hit. Looks like another weekend of work.

    ReplyDelete